Back at the end of March (Yes, I am a little late getting to this) two of my good friends @ihave7monsters (aka Caryn) she does http://www.livingwithlogan.com/ & @theekarenesq (aka Karen) she does http://solodialogue.wordpress.com/ both gave me blogger awards. These two women are fabulous and I have the highest respect for both of them. Both are great bloggers very different in their styles, but both very funny. I love them both.
Caryn gave me the Karen gave me the
The rules for these are the same. Being that I got these within the same week, I am doing them together.
Here are the rules:
1) Thank the person who awarded you and link back to them in your post.
2) Tell 7 Random facts about yourself.
3) Pass the award on to 15 newfound bloggers.
4) Contact each blogger you want to pass the award on to and let them know you’ve done so, and
5) let the giver of your award know you accept it... or not.
Seven things About Me
1) I spent my first 11 years in Germany. My father was an Army Intelligence officer (yes, I always thought it was kind of an oxymoron). Since he was a huge WWII buff, I saw just about everything significant to WWII while we were there. I was extremely fortunate in that I got to do as much traveling as we did, and was done via my dad’s 1973 Oldsmobile 98 – 455 4 barrel, 4 door, hardtop. Compared to European cars it was a giant, when we drove down the autobahns at 90mph or more it was like a parting of the seas. I always thought that was so much fun, and funny to see. It is no wonder I was always such a lead foot. You know they do not have speed limits on the autobahns…
2) Little known fact: My husband makes and sometimes sells professional grade Sci-Fi props and costumes. Yes, he does make & wear Stormtrooper armor as well as anything related to Star Wars, Stargate SG-1, Aliens Legacy & so many more costumes & props. He has been doing this for going on 10 years now. Started as a hobby and well, rather took off from there. I did even have a life size working R2-D2 Unit in my living room. He stored it in our bedroom for a while but it creped me out & I made him move it. He likes to brag that he saw Star Wars – Revenge of the Sith 3 times before it opened in theaters, what a fan boy.
3) I spend more time on my computer than I really should. I would not say I was addicted, but pretty darn close. I have to be doing something all the time.
4) I have never been good at reading emotions; in fact, many of arguments in my house are because I cannot read people. Most of the time I am way off base, I also do not do sarcasm well, I just do not understand it. I am also the one in the room who will not get the joke. I always think everyone knows what I know so I do not feel the need to explain anything. Most of what I say ends up seeming random and full of fragmented thoughts & sentences. This drives my husband crazy.
5) My writing skills are dismal. I am a fenetic speller and my grammar skills stink. I always have people proof read my posts. I also am the queen (or a close second) of run on and or fragmented sentences.
6) The easiest way to engage me in an argument is to tell me to, “just drop it”. I cannot just drop it and usually feel I need to explain myself repeatedly until I think they understand, even when they say they understand. I just do not get it I guess and rarely realize I am even doing it…
7) Two years ago, I stopped driving. I did this because I have a condition called secondary Parkinson’s disease; it is not full-blown Parkinson’s, but is very similar. I felt I no longer have the reflexes I need to drive but I still have a valid driver’s license I just chose not to drive. I also have wonky vision (double vision and almost no depth perception); I do not see like most people.
Now to tag my “New found Blogger friends.“ Now some of these I have only visited once others I follow regularly, all are fabulous in so many ways. Most do not know who I am. I am a quiet follower and do not comment much if at all (I know if I did comment, I would have more followers myself) but hope they appreciate the gesture just the same. All are great bloggers and deserving of these awards. I also know I am not doing this right. That’s OK though because, I have always been a little left of center **laughing** I also have issues with following the rules, I just don’t.
1) http://bfe-bondsfamilyessentials.blogspot.com/ @gypsy_momma on twitter Stylish Blogger Award
2) My good friend Margie. Stylish Blogger Award to her personal blog http://margie.walkertribe.com/
3) Margie’s other blog is http://speakingonthespectrum.blogspot.com/ which is a fabulous place to get the latest autism news. Versatile Blogger Award
4) http://marfmom.com/ @MarfMom on twitter Versatile Blogger Award
5) http://littlewondersbigdreams.blogspot.com/ @wondersndreams on twitter Versatile Blogger Award
6) http://majorbedhead.net/ @MajorBedhead on twitter Stylish Blogger Award
7) http://www.mom2ateam.com/ Versitile Blogger Award
8) http://littlebitquirky.blogspot.com/ @littlebitquirk on twitter Stylish Blogger Award
9) http://stepping-on-cheerios.blogspot.com/ Stylish Blogger Award